As a business owner, especially a small business owner, you want a business network that is configured correctly. The better your network, the better your business will function. If your business is tied to the transfer of data, having a great business network is even more important.
In setting up a business network, it is easy to set up a network that is too simple or too complex for your needs. If you do not have the luxury of a staff member who is well-versed in information technology, knowing which technology to include in your network can be a bit confusing.
POE switches are a great piece of technology that you should consider adding to your network. Switch-es, of course, are not the only option. You can also use a router, or a hub, if you want. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of installing and using POE switches on a business network like yours.
The Value of POE Switches
POE switches are used extensively in business networks in many industries across the world. There are many advantages to using POE switches, especially from Cisco because Cisco is a leader in information technology equipment. When you buy Cisco products, you are buying the best equipment on the mar-ket, bar none.
One of the best advantages that POE switches provide you is the ability to connect your remote devices to a network. There is no need for on-site installation or thousand-page manuals. You simply “plug and play” your devices and they are instantly connected to the network.
One example is plugging in an office phone to your business network. You simply plug an Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on your phone and you are done.
Benefits of Used Cisco POE Switches
Here are some more benefits that POE switches provide.
- High power capabilities, which are required for modern networks
- No issues with power standards, which vary from country to country
- Less cabling required than other forms of network connecting technologies
- The ability to backup power to your POE devices by plugging into a UPS (uninterruptable power source/supply)
- Ease of use, which is great for any non-technical staff in your office when they need to configure their POE devices
Popular POE Technology |Used Cisco POE Switches
Many forms of technology use POE technology. POE technology is very efficient at passing electrical power to devices from power supplies using Ethernet cabling.
- VoIP phones
- Wireless access points
- Any form of technology that connects to a network
You can find many examples of POE technology in practically any business network environment, from a home office to an industrial factory.
Network IT | Buy Used Cisco Switches & Routers | Toronto – Canada – U.S.
If you need to add some routers and switches, especially used Cisco routers and switches, look no fur-ther than used Cisco POE switches, and as an alternative, used Cisco Gigabit switches. Network IT, located in Toronto, has great information technology equipment available for purchase. You can visit us in-store or online at our website today.
Adding switches to your business network, whether you currently have none or you are interested in upgrading the amount you have, can lead to several great benefits for your network.
- Used switches provide all the same benefits that new switches do, but used switches are cheaper.
- POE switches have many benefits, including the ability to use power backup, as well as the ease of use and installation.
- Cisco information technology products are some of the best products in the industry, because Cisco is an industry leader.